Whether you are looking to move outside of the city, re-locate your family, or live in beautiful nature, there are so many amazing reasons to move to Southern Georgian Bay. Here are a few reasons why you should consider Southern Georgian Bay as a great place to live.
1. Southern Georgian Bay is a four-season area
There is something to do every season in Southern Georgian Bay! In the summer, tourists come for the beautiful beaches, water sports, and cycling, while in the winter, we are known for our ski hills. If you live in the area, you get all of the amazing tourist attractions without the cost of travel.
2. The nature is beautiful
If you love nature, getting outdoors, and being active, Southern Georgian Bay is one of the best places to live in Ontario. Why?
- We have a large trail system that surrounds the area, and even runs from the Niagara region to Tobermory. Check out this post about the best hiking trails in Southern Georgian Bay
- Southern Georgian Bay has a huge cyclist scene, and we have so many amazing trails to bike on. Check out this guide the best cycling routes.
- The skiing and snowboarding scene is one of the driving forces of Southern Georgian Bay Tourism. With a variety of public and private ski hills and clubs, we are very fortunate to live in a ski-focused region! We have compiled a list of ski hills and clubs in Southern Georgian Bay to check out for your next visit or to research for joining a club.
- We have a variety of beautiful beaches, including the longest fresh water beach in the world, Wasaga Beach.
3. We have a variety of amazing restaurants
Southern Georgian Bay is lucky to have a prominent culinary scene! As a tourist town, Southern Georgian Bay has a large variety of cuisines from causal eats to fine dining. Check out this list of the best restaurants for your next meal out!
Top restaurants in the area
4. Southern Georgian Bay is very family friendly
A lot of people move to Southern Georgian Bay to start or relocate their families. We have so many amazing schools, extra-curricular activities, and family friendly attractions for everyone to enjoy. Collingwood and surrounding areas are quiet, welcoming, and full of opportunity to raise a family.
5. The community is welcoming
Southern Georgian Bay is constantly growing. Living in the area means that you are a part of a caring, respectful and welcoming community. Southern Georgian Bay is an area where you say hi to strangers, know your neighbours, and engage in community activities. Each town is filled with engaged organizations and businesses, diversity, and charm.
If you or someone you know is looking to move to the area or would like more information, we would love to work with you!
Contact Martha, Doug, or Kaitlin for all things real estate!