While it is not ‘business as usual’, we are here to support our clients who have a critical housing need: those who have sold their home and not yet purchased, or those who must sell or buy to meet their personal financial obligations or provide shelter for their family.
OREA Press Release:
March 21, 2020: Toronto, ON
March 24, 2020: Toronto, ON
Royal LePage is committed to the health and safety of its clients, REALTORS® and the communities that we serve. We continue to take action to help keep you safe as we face this unprecedented global crisis together. The safety measures we are taking are being guided by Public Health authorities and the government.
COVID-19: Buyer Guidelines For Property Showings
Before scheduling or attending a showing, complete the Royal LePage Showing Health Disclosure Declaration provided by your REALTOR® which captures information confirming that no one attending the showing (Buyer REALTOR® or buying clients, or any occupant of the property) has:
- recently travelled anywhere outside of Canada or has been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada.
- had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing. Refer to the Government of Canada Coronavirus site for an up-to-date list of symptoms.
- knowingly come into contact with anyone experiencing the following symptoms in the last 14 days: Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing;
- come into contact with anyone with a presumptive or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
The criteria on the Showing Health Disclosure Declaration form is subject to change should the government and health authorities guidelines change.
- Understand the importance of following current direction from government and health authorities and the risks that come with attending in-person showings.
- Limit viewing only to those who are/will be specifically named on the offer:
- Additional family members, friends or children should not be in attendance. There are no exceptions.
- Meet your REALTOR® at the property: Practice social distancing measures when travelling to the showing by driving in separate vehicles.
- Do not share items such as phones, tablets or laptops.
- Immediately prior to entering the home disinfect your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch surfaces in the home and keep your hands in your pockets throughout the visit.
- Do not greet others with handshakes or hugs, and ensure you are at least 2 metres apart at all times.
- Under no circumstances should you use the washroom facilities while viewing the home.
- Ensure social distancing (keeping 2 metres apart) is rigorously maintained throughout the showing. If required, your REALTOR® can walk each buyer through the property one at a time.
- Notify your REALTOR® if you become ill at any time after a showing.
Sellers: Preparing Your Home for Photography
In response to the challenges being presented by the Covid virus, we are taking some measures to protect both ourselves and you and your property for your upcoming photo shoot.
We ask for full transparency so that we can all do our best to protect each other. To that end, if you or anyone in your family has travelled or has been to an airport in the past few weeks; has been ill; has been exposed to illness in the past few weeks; please let your Realtor know.
- Wearing single-use medical gloves for every shoot
- Disinfecting equipment after every shoo
- Washing and disinfecting hands prior to, and following the shoot
- No physical contact + keep distance
- Keeping points of contact to doorknobs only
- Please note that we will not be moving anything in the house (eg: no moving kleenex boxes, waste cans etc.) so all staging/fluffing needs to be done before we arrive
We ask that prior to our arrival the home owner / stager:
- Turns on all lights and lamps
- Opens all blinds
- Closes all toilet seats
- Ensures that all staging/fluffing is done prior to our arrival
- Ensures that all door knobs are cleaned and/or disinfected with soap and water or sanitizing wipes
- Any animals are secured or removed as we will have doors open for portions of the shoot.
- Cars are out of driveways, if possible
- We ask that the home owner should leave while we are shootingWe will be monitoring and complying with the suggestions and directions of the WHO and Federal, Provincial and local governments during this ongoing situation.
Thank you for your attention to these details!